Saturday, May 26, 2007

fashion shows photographs pro










DAY FOUR Today, I’m doing the Alexander McQueen hair. When I interviewed runway hairstylist Eugene Souleiman, who created the look, he told me he was thinking of ’60s Bond girl Ursula Andress. “You know when she’s coming out of the water in that scene in [Dr. No], and she’s wearing that bikini, and she just looks amazing?” Gotcha. Now I’ve got to make that look work in a cubicle. I rake enough gel through the front and sides so they’re completely saturated, leaving the back down. As I study my look in the mirror, it’s obvious that this kind of hair needs context. A bikini—hell, a bathrobe. Clearly, I’m not wearing either, so I settle on jeans and a white tank, with a black silk tank layered on top. At the office, comments come forth. “I love it,” says our fashion director. “You look stupid,” says our features editor. “It looks great!” says our art director. “You should wear it like that all the time. It’s very Leo.” Huh? (I’m a Libra.)

0 comments: